It’s been an exciting hiring year! I’ve had so much fun helping clients evaluate and negotiate their offers. By and large, they’re going to great companies including Databricks, Qualtrics, Avalara, Pegasystems, LinkedIn, AWS, Google, Microsoft, Apple and Salesforce as well as high growth startups.
While there has been a tremendous number of job postings, there has also been a significant increase in the number of jobseekers.
In August, a study by Personal Capital and The Harris Poll found that two-thirds of Americans surveyed were ready to make a career move. Over 3.6 million people quit their jobs from April – July according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics — aka “The Great Resignation,” which you’ve probably heard a hundred times by now.
So what we have is an incredibly competitive market.
It’s more important than ever to stand out and bring your best self to every part of the job search journey. But how do you do that?
I recently wrote an article capturing winning strategies to land your dream job. It includes best practices and exercises (the same ones our clients use) for every stage of the job search. This is how they’ve landed jobs that they love and thrive in.
Here’s a quick summary of the 6 stages:
- Laying the foundation for a successful job search: determining your vision, goals and core values as well as the criteria most important in an ideal role and company.
- Upleveling your professional brand: creating a compelling resume and LinkedIn profile that highlights your core responsibilities and accomplishments.
- Telling your story: crafting an engaging pitch that captures who you are, what you’re passionate about and the impact you make.
- Networking strategically: identifying who to connect with and leading informationals to get you in front of the right people at your target companies.
- Acing your interviews: preparing for the most commonly asked questions so you can show up as your best self and get the offer.
- Negotiating your offer: making a counteroffer with grace and gratitude to get the best terms and boost excitement about you coming aboard.
When you approach the job search in a holistic and intentional way, you’re creating alignment. And when you have alignment around what you write about yourself, say about yourself, the roles you’re pursuing and the people you’re connecting with — you have 360 degree alignment.
People will understand what you’re looking for and why. You become the obvious person for this role.
I have seen this time and time again. Every time it’s amazing! And you can do it too!
Are you ready to uplevel your career? And land a job where you’ll feel fulfilled, realize your potential and get the compensation you deserve?
If so, then watch our video and book a session with one of our job strategists. We’re excited to talk about your career goals!