New dreams for the new decade
JULIE CHASE | DECEMBER 12, 2019
By the way, when I write 2030, it feels like a futuristic movie like The Matrix.
The event inspired me to reflect on the past 10 years, highlight meaningful events and draw insights from them. What did I learn? What beliefs and patterns am I ready to release? Is there anything I still need to heal?
For me it included some heavy events: the passing of my parents, a divorce, two layoffs and significant weight gain.
On the flip side, there were SO many amazing things that happened: becoming a leader (and realizing my market value), finding my purpose through Dream Job Catcher, becoming an aunt to an adorable niece and nephew, trips to France, Italy and Bali, and a divorce 🙂
It was by far my most challenging decade, but also the most rewarding one. I am incredibly grateful for and celebrate each experience, learning and person. It’s made me who I am today and brought me to the exact place where I’m meant to be.
The next decade is where we get to create and go for our wildest dreams. What experiences do you want to have? Think beyond the past — and stretch your imagination. Ask yourself what if and what could happen…
It helps to categorize into the main areas of life. I’ve listed some prompts for you, but write what’s top of mind for you.
- Health: do you want to make self-care a priority? What does that look like? How do you want to feel?
- Personal growth: what do you want to learn? Is there a skill you want to develop, like emotional intelligence?
- Financial: what resources would you like to have? What does financial freedom look and feel like?
- Relationships: how can I create more meaningful relationships with my significant other, my family, my friends, my community and the world?
- Professional: what can I do that’s more fulfilling where I can realize my potential and do my best work?
- Spirituality: how can I cultivate more awareness of myself and others? How can I feel more connected to everyone and everything?
- Fun: how can I do more of what I love? Where can I go? What can I discover?
I challenge you to do this exercise: reflect on past 10 years and create exciting experiences for the next decade.
If you’re interested in step-by-step guide from the Full Moon Blessing event, connect to and message “taynval” in Instagram or Facebook and they’ll hook you up!
Wishing you a new decade full of love, light and laughter!
Interested in achieving your dream job with speed, ease and success? Book a session with one of our Job Strategists to discuss the best path to your next strategic career move.